The Dash Diet is just one key part of a heart-healthy lifestyle. Combining it with other holistic lifestyle changes such as physical activity, emotional intelligence and spiritual awareness can help you control not only your blood pressure and LDL-cholesterol but other important aspects of your life. A Heart healthy lifestyle is more than mere "diet and exercise". Human Beings are far more complex than machine that requires a little oil & lube. Although there are other factors that contribute to high blood pressure than "just diet & exercise" a few ways to help prevent and control high blood pressure and improve your overall health include:
- Activity, exercise, fresh air and sunshine
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Natural foods - Limit sugar, processed food, alcohol, salt, trans fats
- Manage and cope with stress in balanced holistic mindful ways
- Spiritual awakening - become aware of what's in your own mind
- Meditation for mental clarity, focus, concentration and awareness. Thinking about stressful events can cause raise your blood pressure.
- Aromatherapy for relaxation, stress reduction, emotional balance & healing: Lavender & Ylang Ylang can be very effective for lowering blood pressure
In conclusion, a human beings health is a multi dimensional endeavor that obviously includes eating, sleeping, movement but there is much more happening and more awareness required. Wake up to the many other aspects of human health by researching, studying and directly experiencing the healing affects of color, sound, smell, touch, taste, energy, movement, the mind just to name a few.